Image Map

12.06.2012

Lara Reviews Things

Here we are with yet another exciting installment of LARA REVIEWS THINGS!



In the dark. Because I'm too lazy to get up and turn on the light.

Today, we are reviewing "Fall Semester 2012." It was an exciting semester full of ups and downs and sides to sides, and resulting in a holiday break. So let's take it apart and see how it went.

Marching Band:



If I were your average Joesammitypete, I'd give it a full thumbs up. But I'm a hypercritical band nerd. So why did it get a slight tilt with a squishy face?

THE GOOD

My awesome friends. Being on leadership again. The exhilaration of running on the field. The new traveling band tradition. Taiko drum tradition. We played a song by the Beatles The cannon that freaked us out and made us cry. And this year, I felt like I had finally gotten the hang of things with the U marching band.

THE BAD

It was nothing to do with the experience, and everything to do with me. It was my seventh year in band, and I think it's starting to catch up with me. It's starting to run me dry. Also a lot of dear friends are graduating this year and I wasn't a fan of bawling like a baby at the senior shoe ceremony.


Next up!

The Pacific Islander Experience:



I had high expectations of this class. I love Pacific Islanders. The class was to open the western world's close minded opinions to the ideas of Pacific Islanders. But all that happened was open my mind to the close minded opinions of Pacific Islanders. There were so many of them in the class. I talked with them a few times, and we had some interesting conversations. Such as.... "One of the reasons Pacific Islanders have a hard time fitting in is because ALL Americans are so prejudice and everyone treats us all exactly the same way, when we are individuals."

I'm sorry. That argument doesn't work. You just made.... A Catch 21. Or something.

The only thing really keeping this from being a full on double thumbs down is the fact that I could get on pinterest all I want. And I did.


Moving on to...

Research and Education!



A full on middle one. The only reason this is at a middle, is because I can't possibly rate anyth higher than marching band.

Um. I like statistics. I like research. I liked this class. And conducting research. And doing well on exams. And being able to get on pinterest all I want. The teacher was great, Dr. Miller, I suggest him to anyone. And the students participated really well in discussions. It was interesting course material, and I really am sad that it's over.


Now...

Intro to Photography!



I like this mainly because it taught me how to use my camera and I liked looking at other student's art and realizing how great some of them were, and how far I can progress in photography, also because I could look at student's art and realize how... not bad but... bad... it was, and realize how far I've come.


What's more...

My job!



Best job ever. I can't even describe it. I am so lucky to have this job. I look forward to waking up early and going to work. If I had to pick something about this job that I was dissatisfied with... I'd pick nothing. It is perfect. It was exactly what I was looking for, it couldn't have come at a better time, and I love it so much



Well! It was a great semester! In overall experience, including non-school related items, I'd rate it.... Aw heck, why not. A full 10/10. Those don't come around often, but it was great.

No comments: