Image Map

12.31.2012

Two Oh One Two

Seems to be the fashion to be blogging out 2012. So I thought, eh... why not.

Twenty Twelve, you were a weird year. My dad said "For you, Lara, it was the worst of times and the best of times. For me, it was just the worst of times."

He's right. Twenty Twelve, you were kinda a jerk to me. You pulled a lot of stuff that wasn't fair. What a jerk. But you made up for it in the end. You really did. I could recount all the bad things that happened, but I'd rather not. That stuff happened. And tomorrow is Twenty Thirteen, and it doesn't really care for all that bad stuff.

Let's talk about the good stuff.

I returned to the University of Utah.



What a great choice. I have nothing but good feelings for my school. I am a Utah man, and will be till I die.

In returning to the U, I got back into marching band. Now, I don't know whether or not I'll do it next year... it's been 7 years.... energy is starting to run out. But joining marching band was the greatest choice I could have made when I went to school. I would have been a lost soul without it.



I had the greatest summer ever with my two best friends. Really, this summer was a make or break. If it weren't for these two, it would have been a break. But it was the greatest summer of my life. They're forever friends. You don't make friends like these every day. In fact, I'm fairly certain they're one of a kind.


I visited a lot of Temples! In band, we went on a few trips. This year, I decided to spend the time on the trips doing baptisms with my friends. And wow! I'm so glad I did. 



I worked at the Carriage Cleaners. I don't have a picture for this one, but this was a great choice too. If you're in Ogden Utah, and you need something cleaned, The Carriage Cleaners on 32nd and Harrison is the place to go. I actually really loved working there. It was hot. It was hard work. But the company was great. My bosses were great. They were kind, and they looked out for the girls working for them. I consider them friends!

Along with that, I started working at a Preschool. Which, without a doubt, is the greatest job I've ever had. I love growing with these children. I've missed them a lot, over break! It's renewed my passion of teaching. It is my calling in life!


I bought this baby lizard. My partner in crime. He may hate me, but I love him. He's my little puppy with weird scales who's unusually small for being a labrador. 

And last but not least....


I met Joseph Bécar. My true best friend. My true partner in crime. I've been so blessed to have him in my life, and I'm one of the few, the proud, the lucky, to be fortunate enough to have him with me for the rest of eternity. Forever can't come soon enough, let alone April 25th, 2013.

So.... Two Oh One Three. You're a new year. I haven't really gotten to know you yet. I mean... we haven't even really met yet. But I'm excited to get to know you. I feel pretty confident that this next year will be mostly the best of times, and fewer, if any, of the worst of times. 

Deep breath.

Here goes. 



No comments: