Image Map

1.19.2013

Just One Stage Today

I'm going to go out of order, because it's 11:12pm, I'm tired, and thoughts aren't coherent, and I want to get another post out scheduled for tomorrow since it's the weekend and you  know what that means and if you don't know what that means then click on that "you know what that means" link, and it'll take you exactly to where you will find out what I mean.

If you know what I mean.

Actually, I don't know what that means, but tacking that on the end of any sentence will confuse the crap out of anyone, which leads us to....

The "I didn't memorize my script!" Facebook user.

If Facebook is a stage, and we are all actors, then Shakespeare was something blah blah blah. Imagine the person on stage who didn't memorize their script. And if you can't imagine that, I'm sure you've dreamed it at one point, so dig deep.

What's the first thing that pops into your mind? Lost? Confused?

This stage of facebook is for the person who just barely got their account, or went on a mission when it switched to timeline, or REALLY got into the "fasting from facebook" thing, and so missed out on the timeline thing again.

But mostly this stage is for the Elderly.

The adorables who comment on someone's status, but it's something that makes no sense in relation to the status.

Status: "Lawl guyz, totally slept thru my alrm dis mrning. #oops"
Comment: "HI hope you're doing ok tell your mom I was glad to see her, you should come visit sometime."

The ones who mistake the status update bar for the private message box.

I don't know how that happens, but it does.

And your profile picture is like, of their dog or something, but it's blurry and the eyes of the dog are glowing and it's scary.

If you just barely got your facebook page, there is hope for you. If you missed out on the big updates, there is hope for you.

But if you're the Elderly, there's no hope. But you provide a lovely source of entertainment, and we love you for that.

So keep up your good work. Who says you can't contribute to society once you pass the age of _____? Because comedic relief is still a contribution!

No comments: