Image Map

1.13.2013

What's in a weekend?

My fiancé lives in Provo, and I live in Salt Lake. Wahoo! There's my most boring statement of fact for the day. With this being the case, as well as the fact that we're both in school full time with part time jobs AND he graduates in June so that adds a measure of school work to his load AND (I'm not sure what will follow this "AND").

When you add all that together, we're very busy individuals. And it makes it hard for us to spend every waking minute together fawning over how perfect the length of the other's eyelashes is.

So we came up with a solution. Rather than driving the total 1 hour, 45 minute commute both ways a few days a week, we just do it really one time a week. And since both of us work for our respective Universities, we don't have work on the weekends, making that  a perfect time to visit and fawn over eyelashes.

It's kinda exciting. When you take that into account, we've got about... well, 14 dates until we get married.

That's exciting. That's pretty much how many dates we had in the first two weeks of dating. Which means that we're pretty much getting married in two weeks.

Or 101 days... Either or.

Anyways.

Now that you know the logistics of how we schedule our dates, I thought I'd share with you a date of ours, because we're pretty fantastic people with exciting lives, which means our dates are fantastic and exciting.




This weekend it snowed pretty badly. So we started our date by shoveling out my little baby red car. Word for the wise. If the news says it's gonna snow a LOT. It'll probably snow a lot. Which means you should put your car in your garage, even if that means you won't be able to back down the driveway because of the ice.
It's better than having the entire car buried. 



It took about an hour. But we whistled while we worked. Until our cheeks grew so cold we couldn't whistle anymore. Then we just hummed. 



Last weekend we started our wedding registry, and this weekend we continued! It's really fun to register. It's like going to the store and buying things except you don't have to pay for it, and it's a secret as to whether or not you'll really get it. 




In the end, we don't really care whether or not we get a toaster and a cake pop machine and the pillows we spent hours debating about which was the best.... In the end, we've got each other.

And if we have these costumes, we'll be really happy.




Also, if we could get this lady, that'd be great.





We drove to the pet store to get worms for my ungrateful gecko who doesn't know what's good for him, all he wants to eat are his treat fat worms. So that new carton of worms? Probably won't be eaten. They'll probably turn into beetles before they get eaten. Ungrateful little...



Speaking of which, Joe ate him.

Other activities include sampling juice and laughing at the weird fruits that go into said juices. 



Cooking for my little brother in the most attractive way possible. That was just Joe, actually. While he did that, I peeled a lot of lettuce leaves off into the garbage, because really, a leaf of lettuce shouldn't be able to wrap itself around the head of lettuce twice.

That's just gross.





Also we watched in fear as my house grew fangs.



I introduced Joseph to one of the greatest shows ever, Monk....

And we worked on some questions. We've been doing these for a while now. A few months ago, Joe found a list of 100 something questions to ask your spouse or girlfriend or fiance or whatever, and we've been doing those.

Yesterday, I asked Joe to describe himself without using his professional or marital status. I'll share with you what he said so you can know my Joe like I do.

"I'm eager to please. I'm tall. I was the smart kid in school, and the tallest, until others were taller and smarter. I was first trumpet and I like music a lot and I like cats. I love every kind of cat. I just want to hug them all, but I can't hug every cat! I used to like to read but I don't have time for that anymore. I used to like to write but I don't have time for that either. Now I just do homework all the time and spend time with my fiance all the time. I like this girl, I think she's the cat's pajamas and I wanna make her happy all the time."

I also asked Joe to define love, but he was looking up a Lord of the Rings song. 

Lara: "Define love."
Joe: "Hold on!"
Lara: [With fake tears brimming on her eyes and a wavering voice] "I didn't say in 30 seconds, or in a minute, or even in one second. I said 'Define love', and that implies now."
Joe; "Lara. Lara. Lara. Love can wait."

And then he found the LOTR song. And it was worth the wait.

Because, in the end, LOTR trumps love every time.

So that was our weekend! How was yours?

Please forgive the shoddy photography. I was using my iPod all weekend. Lesson learned. It's only good for Instagram. And even then, it's not that good.




No comments: