Image Map

8.18.2014

The Significance of Today

Today, I'm exceptionally exhausted.
Today, my tummy feels all bubbly.
Today, the train is particularly crowded, which is strange, because school hasn't even started yet for the "big kids".
Today, I'm the working woman. The kind of working woman who doesn't get paid anymore.
Today marks 220 days, including weekends and holidays, until the last day of student teaching.
Today, I'm eating a PPJ in a school setting for the first time in a long time.
Today, I honestly don't even know what I'm doing, I'm just showing up in the hopes that someone will be grateful to have me there today.
Today, with my hair pulled back, I can't take a nap on the train, and I really need a nap on the train.
Today is day number one of a very long seven months full of anticipation and uncertainty.
Today is day number one of a brand new adventure.


No comments: