Image Map

3.29.2011

Potential.

Yeah yeah yeah... I forgot to blog yesterday. Turns out when you're the head of a household, you suddenly get 'busy' or something! But I love it. Today is only the 3rd day of living in my new place, but I love it so much. My last place was great and amazing. I was very fortunate to live where I lived. But this place.... I don't know. There's something different about this place. It feels like home! Even though for the most part, I am completely alone, it feels like home.

I want to show you my back yard!


Cute, right? RIGHT?! I'm serious. I really like my back yard. It's got a bunch of random rocks, piles of sticks all over, little tufts of grass here and there.... and pine trees! I love  the pine trees. When it's windy, they make the same sound the trees in the mountains make. Whhhhhhsssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I took lots of people on tours through this house. And every time I'd show them the back yard and say "Isn't it great?!" I really meant it. They laughed, and said it had potential. Well DUH. It has potential! It has so much potential! I can't wait to see what it looks like when it meets that potential. 

Ten bucks says it's the most amazing place in the world.

For the last few hours I've been arguing with myself a bit. 

"You have a 12 page essay to write. So get going."

"NO! I'll write it all tomorrow! The day before it's due! I already have it all outlined and everything, it can't be that much work!"

"Yer gonna hate yourself."

"So what! Neener neener haha!'

And then I go and play the piano for a few hours. And listen to Pandora. But it's all creativity... It's just my way of procrastinating. 




Lets play a game called See How Much Lara Is Going to Hate Life Tomorrow When She Realizes She Has to Write a Twelve Page Essay in One Night. Also known as SHMLIGHLTWSRSHWTPEON. It just rolls off the tongue. 

4 comments:

Kellie said...

You are so incredibly cute. That table cloth and the chairs look so French barn. :)

Unknown said...

I know the feeling! I have to write a program... bleh. c++ annoys me.

Natasha Louise Taylor said...

I am so loving the music notes on the wall!

chip said...

I love your backyard! It definitely looks like it has potential, no joke.