Image Map

1.15.2013

Nightmares and Daydreams


Speaking of Avatar,

Last night I had a dream that I was the Aavatar, an Air Bender named Lara. And all though my air bending skills were great, the Fire nation had invaded my sweet small temple of air nomads. The Fire nation all had the faces of my four year old preschoolers.

And they  wiped out my people.

Obliterated us.

And there was nothing to do. I watched in fear and cried before running to hid, so I may preserve the air bending gene as the last living air bender.


Because I am a college student, I have the energy of a 97 year old. Maybe not all college students are like that, but I'd like to think that they are, so that in some way, no matter how small that way is, in some way I am normal. 

nOrMal....

Pretty word. Moving on.

It's hard for me to stay awake all day, unless I wake up at like... 8:45am on the dot, and go to bed at 9:30-10:00pm or something. It's hard. So I take naps. I'm not ashamed. I close my eyes during preschool while the soothing music plays and rest.

I've realized that naps are unusual. The dreams are more vivid yet unusual. I think they're so vivid because you're so close to being awake that you feel as if you have, indeed, woken up, and the dreams are events that transpired since you awoke.

But when you realize that the dream is a dream, and that it's been 53 minutes, not six hours, and that you need to get to your next class soon.... you wake up. And waking up from nap time, for some reason, is incredibly painful for me. Incredibly! I feel as if someone has drugged me and I'm fighting against a brick wall pressing down on me to sit up and open my eyes.

I had a nap today. Wake up was exactly like that.

My dream was a bit different than the norm. Somehow I cahoodled my roommates into singing and dancing to Everything by Michael BublĂ©. 

Which, you know, wouldn't be so weird if my life were normal, but as mentioned, I'm not normal, so I live with a variety of men, ranging in age from 18 to.... I don't know honestly. Let's say 40 just to cover all possibilities so I can't possibly be wrong. You can never be to sure.

But I indeed hope that I don't live with a 39 year old man. 


No comments: