Image Map

2.15.2013

Up to

It's been a busy time. A very busy time. I picked the wrong semester to take 17 credits with 40 hours of required field work as well as working over 20 hours a week. On top of that comes applications for the department of education, applications for appartments, and applications for.... I guess there aren't any applications for that. But all the wedding stuff. There's all of that too.


First off, shout out to my best friend, Jacqueline Loveland! She got engaged yesterday to Daniel Windsor. Congratulations deary, Dan makes you happy, and that makes me happy. I hope good days follow to two of you around like a love sick puppy, like you two both are winky wink wink wink.

It takes me 1 hour to walk home from work. That's down hill. I think it'd take me roughly 1.5 hours to walk TO work. When I say down hill, I mean.... REALLY down hill. I'm hiking the mountain to get to work, were I to walk.

But I don't walk. I drive. Or I ride the bus. Today, I drove. I set out 20 minutes early, because sometimes when East High is starting, there's a lot of traffic, so I allow time for that. However, for some reason, the UDOT has decided to put a bunch of traffic cones all over the road for no reason. I moved a total of 10 feet in 15 minutes at one point. Needless to say, I was late. Needless to say, I don't think I'll ever take that way to get to work again. It's redonk.

I did get to listen to morning talk shows though, which I secretly love.

Last night, Joseph surprised me by driving up from Provo with flowers, our crazy outfits we bought from the DI, and Bunny Grams. He took me out to dinner, we had music and dancing... little did he know, I surprised him back. By jamming his car full of balloons. Pictures to come soon.

Today, we're going to see a Dr. Who musical. I'm way excited! Brian is bringing a bunch of his O-Town friends. I'm excited for them to meet Joe. He's been talking him up. But I'm certain  he will meet and exceed expectations. He does for me, anyways.

Tonight we're going up to Ogden. Tomorrow morning, I'm getting my tooth fixed. Then we're going to go buy material for my wedding dress. And meet with our florist, perhaps. And go to our reception site and create a floor plan. Or at least show Joe that the room is indeed awesome, and there's a dance floor.

There WILL be dancing at our wedding. So be there, or be square.

I'm also going to be sending out letters requesting letters of recommendation. I should have done that a few weeks ago, but I kept putting it off. In my defence, I've been off the charts busy. And sick. So. I'm just making up excuses now.

I'll also be preparing my presentation for 7:30am class on Tuesday, which goes to 10:45, but I have to leave at 9:30 to make my 10:00 dr. appointment....

I'll also be planning lessons for my student teaching that is taking over my life.

I'll also be doing like 50  homework assignments.

I'll also be creating binders for the 5 students at my work that I'll be observing these next few months.

I guess you can say that life is a little busy right now. And it stresses me out. And I wake up in the middle of the night screaming from the stress nightmares it gives me. And sometimes I end up sitting in my desk at work, staring at the wall, wondering how in the world I'm supposed to do all of this, as well as prepare to be a good wife, work on currently being a good fiance, sister, daughter, friend.... and I start getting sick to my stomach realizing that this is my life. That this is the EASY part of my life, and it's not going to get any easier from here on out.

And then I breathe and realize that it's the life I chose. And that I do enjoy it so much. That working this hard gives me purpose, and I like that. It's stuff I like working FOR. Career, wedding, marriage, family, friendships.... I like doing that.

So then I shake my head, blink, and chase after the kid that stole my chapstick from my back pocket and stuck it in her panties.

No comments: