Image Map

4.08.2013

How was your weekend?



Pictures from last weekend, finally got my camera back!

What a weekend. Hmmm.... I'll just give you a quick summary on that.
Went home
Did some more announcements
Watched tons of Fringe (Best show. On Netflix. Watch it.)
Visited the cleaners where I used to work and had my favorite bosses meet Joe
Made crepes and whipped cream
Watched Conference
Delivered announcements
Watched Conference
Got a shirt for Joe
Joe went to Priesthood session, and I went out with my mom
To TaiPan (Cool store)
And Walmart (Envelopes)
And Gordmans (Decorations)
And then to the mall (Yay clothes)
And then to ice cream with Joe and my dad
Then watched Aristocats
And fell asleep
And waked up and watched Conference
And more conference
And delivered some announcements
And visited Jackie
And went back to SLC
And watched Dr. Who
And made brownies
Then it was Monday.

Conference was really really amazing. It was one of my favorite Conference weekends ever.

For all of you who don't know what I'm talking about, General Conference is a thing in my church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. All over the world, millions of saints tune in to watch 4 sessions that are two hours each of our modern day prophets and apostles addressing the church.

So, what did you learn, Lara?
I learned how important it is to protect your home and family from the world, and to do what you can to protect them.
I also learned that people will make their own choices, and they have their own agency, and we can't take that from them.
I learned how important it is to build your beliefs on a solid foundation.
I learned how significant the role of women is, and the role of every individual really.
"Where e're thou art, act well thy part."
I learned about the all encompassing power of the atonement.
I learned that men and women are equal partners in marriage.
I learned what it means to be a saint, "To bear one another's burdens, mourn with those that mourn, comfort those that stand in need of comfort and stand as a witness of God at all times and in all things and in all places."
I was encouraged to make sharing my testimony and faith a daily part of my life, even through online communication, meaning this blog!
I learned that we can find peace in prayer, through our Lord and Savior.
I learned that "The Lord has THE way."
I learned that God's law is much higher than ours, and though we may not understand His ways, they are the only right way, and the only way to eternal happiness.
I learned how important it is to be a full time missionary, even if you're not an Elder or Sister missionary.
I learned how important children are.
I learned that strong marriages are built on faith, repentance, respect, and love.
"Marriage is a gift from God to us. The quality of our marriage is our gift to him."
I learned that our faith may not move mountains, but our faith is enough. We may not see grand results and miracles from our faith, but it is good enough. And it will make a difference. Hold fast to your faith. Watch Elder Holland's talk now, if you haven't.
I learned that obedience to law is liberty, and that obedience, strict obedience, is the greatest test of life.

It was an amazing conference. Did you watch? What did you learn?

No comments: