Image Map

4.03.2013

Not For the Faint of Heart

Teaching. It's not for the faint of heart. There are several days when I want to grab them by the arm, and pull them to their "cubbies" or the little shelf things they sit on, and duck tape them in and then just glare at all of them.

I had an awesome co worker, we worked every afternoon together, and she was just so much fun, we got along, and the students obeyed her and she could manage the class. She got a new job at a new preschool closer to her new home, and so she left... I don't blame her, she was commuting quite a distance every day, and had been doing so for a few years.

A new someone was hired to replace her. An older lady, who seems very grandmotherly.... She was so sweet and caring. But she didn't understand that you can't really be sweet and caring all the time in the field of child care. You've gotta smack down some talk every now and then.

On Monday, she was singing "I'm a Little Teapot" with four year olds. That's the first problem. They're four. They don't want to sing that at ALL. They want to sing "I'll Make a Man Out of You." I wasn't very surprised to see little B stand up and start screaming her head off, saying "I'M BORED!!! I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS ANYMORE."

The next day, my boss came into work, and there was a note written on the whiteboard from this new teacher.

"I won't be coming back."

Teaching. It's not for the faint of heart.

No comments: