Image Map

11.26.2013

The Voice Inside My Head

I swear I'm not crazy, despite what that title may lead you to think. THOUGH at one point in my life, I'd get bored, so I'd talk to things. For some reason, this made me think I was Alice in Wonderland. I'm not crazy though so shut up oh my gosh! Stop it... Just... Just forget it.

I've told you guys about that lil boy at Summer Camp last Winter (Just kidding. Summer. Duh) who would always say these offhanded comments that made me realize I wasn't being the best teacher I could be. I've got a new one of those little kids. Only, this one isn't 6, this one is 2. Her name is "S" and she's a sweetheart. She's very socially advanced for a two year old, she can hold full conversations without getting bored, and she looks you in the eye when you talk to her. I just adore working with her.

There's a 2yo named D, and he over reacts in the funniest way. I've started this thing where I say "Hey D, your mom is here!" And he says "WHAAAAAT?!??!" And I say "Just kidding." I can do this like... 6 times in one minute. By the 12th time or so, he realizes I'm probably lying.

S was sitting next to me when I was doing this, just watching. D ran away to play and she looked at me and said "That's not very nice, you know."

"What?"

"You're telling him his mom is here, and she's not. That's lying, and he doesn't like it. Stop."

Oh. Fine. 2 year old telling me what to do now.

A few days ago, B was talking to her and she stood up and THREW A FIT! "THAT'S NOT MY NAME, DON'T CALL ME THAT, I DON'T LIKE IT WHEN YOU CALL ME THAT, STOP IT, IT'S NOT MY NAME!!!"

She ran over to me and explained what's going on. I'm not going to use her real name, so I'll use another one to illustrate what was going on.

"What's wrong?"
"He's calling me Damafa (Samantha)"
"Right, isn't that your name?" I'm too used to baby talk... it sounded like Samantha to me.
"NO! My name is SAMANTHA, not DAMAFA!!!!"


Ohhhh.... This girl will keep me on my toes.

No comments: