Image Map

5.12.2014

Summer Semester

That's what I'm doing. Summer Semester. We're adults now, people. It's Summer Semester, not Summer School. Though my reasons for taking it are very much the same reasons some kids might take Summer School... (*cough* wanna graduate on time *cough*) Woah. Weirdest cough ever...

Summer semester kinda started last week, with one three credit class that was 7 hours a day for 5 days. That was a fun class. Now I've got 3 of 20 credits down... 17 to go. I'm feeling a little silly in my tummy over this summer. On one hand... I'm excited that it's my last semester before student teaching. On the other hand, I really don't want to go to school anymore. I'm sick of it. Back on that other hand, it's not even that many classes, and I've booked some free time into my schedule... and then on that other hand again, I really don't want to go to school anymore at all.

So there are these two battling hands. I'm going to come up with pros and cons list of taking Summer Semester.


Pro: The weather is great! No more splashing
through puddles to get to school. Your socks
will stay dry. Heck, you don't even HAVE
to wear socks!

Con: The weather is great! They stick you in these monstrosities of windowless classrooms and make you dream of the sun. Even worse, they put in in classrooms where the sun streams in and make you dream of the sun! Lose lose situation.


Pro: Campus is empty. You can bike everywhere in the world without fear of running into people. Your favorite study booth at the library is perpetually empty and the line for the microwave doesn't even exist. That's the dream, folks.

Con: Campus is empty. It's a bitter reminder that you're there, taking summer classes, while everyone else is off gallivanting through the mountains and beaches and exploring the summer that you want.

Pro: It's only six week courses at a time! That's what's keeping me going. I'm only doing twelve weeks split into six week portions. If I don't like a schedule, that's ok, because in six weeks, it's gonna change.

Con: It's SIX WEEK COURSES AT A TIME. The material between six week courses and full semester courses doesn't change at all. That means you're doing double time. Double the homework, double the class periods, double the pressure. Ahhh. Gotta love it!



To be fair, I've only done Summer Semester once before. Spanish. For 5 hours a day, 5 days a week. That was... not fun. And then I got to work the nights, but it was working weddings and so that was great. Putting this out there, if anyone wants a wedding planner for free, I'm your gal. Never planned someone else's wedding before but I've watched all of TLC's wedding shows and currently am scary addicted to weddings.

Anyways. It'll be a great semester, it just has to be. And then when I'm done, I'M DONE. I'll be a unpaid, overworked teacher! Which is pretty much a normal teacher anyways. Bring it on Summer Semester. Do your worst. (Except don't, let's play nice...)


No comments: