Image Map

2.07.2015

Normal

Hey, so, this is awkward. It's kinda been a month since I last blogged, whoops. To be fair, or rather, to make excuses, my computer was out of commission for a week and I've spent most of my time teaching. Ferreal teaching. It's so weird to have conversations like this.

"What do you think I should do for science this afternoon?"
"I don't know, what do you want to do?"

Because now things are going down how I want them to go down. Not that they weren't before, but I'm the teacher in the classroom now. Students raise their hands and say "Mrs. Bécar!" instead of "Mrs. Lyman!" I have a love/hate relationship with hearing my name like that. On one hand, I've wanted to hear it all my life, and on the other hand, I wish they'd listen closer to directions so they wouldn't need my help.

I said I was gonna update you on my AZ trip with Joe and my family. I don't remember the details of it now...

I do remember that when Joe and I were single, we were looking for a mattress and we walked into a store and said we were looking for a Queen and the guy said "What are you on now?" and we said we were sleeping on twins, but I think he thought we were both sleeping on the same twin. Nope. BUT we did spend the holiday break sleeping on a twin. We each had a twin but we were intent on being close. It was not very comfortable but it was pretty darn adorable.

I'd been pretty nervous about moving to Arizona and eventually buying a house, but one of the days was spent driving around the Valley of the Sun and finding some beautiful homes where I could imagine myself living with Joe and making ourselves a life there. It made me a lot more confident in our decision to move!

We went on an AMAZING hike up Hieroglyph trail. The desert has such a unique beauty and I'm looking forward to exploring it!

We also went to the Gilbert Temple. A stunning stunning STUNNING temple. It's so nice I said it thrice.

So there's about ehhhhhhhhh three more months left in Utah. It's kind of shocking to think about now. I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the Utah mountains, even more time with family. It's scary to think of living out of the only state I've known but I'm looking forward to the adventure. And if Joe's coming with me then I'm excited.

Which reminds me.

We were eating breakfast the other day and I held my spoon as if I was gonna launch a spoonful of Marshmallow Mateys at Joseph. He looked at me, froze, and then opened his mouth. It made me laugh so hard. That's how this boy is. When life attempts to launch cereal all over his face, he opens his mouth and prepares to make the best of a bad situation and get everything out of it that he can. I've got a lot to learn from him, so it's good that we've got an eternity ahead of us.

No comments: