Image Map

2.19.2015

Trials and Comfort

There never is a good time for the bad times in your life to happen. But it makes it all the worse to look at the tragedies and trials and realize that you're facing them alone. It exponentially increases the load on your back and you wonder how you can get up and walk after that.

And it wasn't that I was ALONE alone, but Joseph was out of town for work, and he's my partner in crime, and I didn't know how to face this without him. The mountain in front of me continued to grow and I struggled to take even the first step.

I'm being vague and maybe someday I'll be specific but today I'm being vague. 

But this post is directed to all of those who proved to me in countless, amazing, ways, that I'm not alone. I want to thank my friends who were there for me, who prayed for me, who talked to me, who cried with me and who eventually got me to laugh again and who helped me feel normal again, even if it was for just a while. I have always thought I was blessed with amazing friends and this week made that mean a whole new thing.

And I'm thankful for my mom too. I could never ever ever express what a support my mom has been to me my whole life. 

And I'm thankful for Joseph, who, though miles and miles and hours and hours away never really leaves me alone. 

Trials come.

I was driving home from work today, it was 6pm, and the sun was up! I could see the mountains, I could see the sun on the horizon. It wasn't UP up, but it was more up than it had been for the last several weeks and months. I was coming home at the same time of day, but I didn't notice the sun was awake. That is kinda how this all has been. The sun is slowly coming up and perhaps before I know it, it will be all the way out and the darkness will be gone. 

John 14:18  I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.


No comments: