Image Map

10.14.2015

Hump Day Bump Day Update (except not an update because this is the first ever)

Ok I've never done one of these before. And maybe some day I'll regret not doing it or something. So here is one of those survey things people do about pregnancy! 
Quick facts: 29 weeks. I guess that's it.
How did you find out you were pregnant?  By taking a home pregnancy test, um. Yep. It was like. 5am or something.
What kind of Pregnancy test did you take?  First one was a Wondfo, second and third were Wondfos (they're like potato chips: can't have just one). That afternoon I sent Joe to the store for a First Response to make sure. 
How many?  Ahhhhh like, that cycle? Because that answer is a billion. But that day? 3.
What were your 1st symptoms?  I actually didn't really have any symptoms at all. I was reallllly early when I found out, about 3 weeks and 2 days.
Who did you tell first?  My husband. He was asleep. 
"Hey Joe." "Grumble."
"Hey, Joe."
"Did you take a test?"
"Yep."
"And?"
"Positive." 
And then he didn't go back to sleep.
Who was with you when you found out? I was by myself since it was 5am. Typically don't have a whole party of people with me in the bathroom at 5am. Typically. 
My 1st reaction:  I was a little numb, just in shock, and not wanting to let myself be happy quite yet. 
Was your baby planned?  This is kinda personal? But yep. We decided when we were done with school we'd give it a shot, and we were done with school so.
How far were you when you found out?  Oh dang it, I should read ahead. 3 weeks, 2 days. Super early.
How did your parents react?  They were thrilled! We told both of our parents on Mother's Day. It was a pretty good deal all in all, didn't have to buy presents or anything! WINK WINK WINK.
Due Date:  January 2, 2016
Do you know the sex?  Yep. Oh you want to know what it is? He's a boy.
Any names?  Yep. First and middle. You can be patient to find out.
Any Ultrasounds? Just two. One to find out the sex because I was too impatient to wait 20 weeks, and then one at 20 weeks when the doctors thought we were finding out. We did our best to act totally surprised.
Have you heard the heart beat? Every appointment! 
Who do you think it will look like? If he's bald, probably a lot like Patrick Stewart. 
Will the baby have siblings?  Some day! In the mean time, his siblings will be our imaginary dog, our fish, and our lizard.
Have you felt the baby move?  Pretty much constantly. It's easier for me to count the times he's not moving than the times that he is.
Miscellaneous
Did you have morning sickness?  Yeah. It was horrific, but I found out a way to cheat it. And that's called.... not eating ever. It wasn't intentional, it was just that I'd been conditioned so much to know that food would make me sick, so just don't eat anything... but eventually that caught up with me in a mean way.
Did you have any cravings?  Ahhhhh yeh know, not really. Odd things here and there. A lot of vegetables and frozen fruits. Oatmeal sometimes. One time just straight grenadine, much to Joseph's distaste.
Did you have any mood swings?  Maybe you should ask Joe. I don't feel like I do. I sometimes cry unprompted, but that's happened maybe 3 times. Overall I've been happier than normal when pregnant. I get snippy when I'm overly tired, but who doesn't. 
Are you a high risk pregnancy?  Nope.
Any complications?  Nope. *Knock on wood*
Have you bought anything for the baby yet?  Clothes, diapers, some pieces of furniture, a bassinet, and that is all.
When did you start to show?  It was about 18 weeks or so.
How long could you wear your regular clothes?  I didn't really test this theory. I wore jeans until it was my birthday, and I got a giftcard from my MIL for maternity clothes, and then just made the switch. Spoiler: Maternity pants are wayyyyy more comfy. 
Will you cry when you hold the baby for the 1st time?  Ahhhhh maybe? Probably? I don't know. I'll probably cry from the labor and everything. I don't know! 
What’s the 1st thing you might say to the baby?  Probably "*Clears throat* Hi..." because I'm aWkWaRd like that.
Are you excited?  I am. I really am. I've been out of work and preparing for this baby is all I have to do. And when he's here, I'm going to be so happy to have someone to keep me company all day.
Who will help you with the baby after the birth?  My mom, and then my second mom (Joe's mom) and of course Joe.
What is your favorite thing about being pregnant?  Feeling the baby move.  I love it! Also, I laugh a LOT more now than I did. That last sentence may give you a hint about his name.
What is the worst thing about being pregnant?  Gaining weight. Maybe some day I'll write a post about having prior EDs and pregnancy and the roller coaster that it is. Not today though. It's kinda heavy stuff.
What’s one thing you miss doing since being pregnant? Not worrying about the sugar content in foods.
Any days you wish you were not pregnant?  Of course not.
Are you ready for a baby?  I feel mentally ready. But we still have a lot to buy the lil bumpkin. 
Do you have insurance?  What? Yes?
How many kids do you want?  We're playing it by ear. We'll have one, and if we like him, we'll have another. And if we like both of them and want another, then we'll have another and so on.
Do you talk to the baby?  I try to. When he's moving a lot. When I do something I'm proud of. 
Do you still feel attractive?  Hah. Well this is weird. I like my hair. Some days I have great makeup days. But I've never been a person to look in the mirror and think "DANG GURL! YOU'VE GOT IT!" I do compare myself to others a lot, and there are insecurities, but I do my best to not dwell on them and focus on what I love.
Have you had your baby shower yet?  YUP THANKS MOM!!! :D
Do you like kids?  Nope. HAAAAHAHAHAH PRANK. I went to school to work with kids. What do you think.
How far along are you now?  29 weeks and counting!


No comments: