Image Map

9.13.2010

Strangers

I've seen and done a lot of disgusting things in my life. Examples include....

Walking around high school barefoot ALL day. Sometimes even going to school without shoes on at all.

I make that frozen juice stuff a lot, and I use a potato masher to do so. And one time the masher wasn't clean and it got potato peels all over in my juice. But I was ok with that.

I watched my brother eat a piece of lettuce off of the asphalt in a parking lot. (It took me way too long to figure out how to spell lettuce.)

But there is one thing that really really REALLY bothers me, just gives me 'goose flesh' all over, and I shake uncontrolably.

And that one thing is strange paper. It doesn't matter what kind of paper it is, doesn't matter what words are on it... just strange paper.

When I say strange paper, I mean paper that came from somewhere I don't know about.

If I see it coming from a distance, or I know that it's coming, that's ok. So fliers and programs and stuff like that, no big deal.

But if I slip and my hand touches a piece of paper on the floor and I don't know where that paper came from, it really shakes me up.

The reason I'm talking about this is because I was just studying biology and a blank note card with a single fold in it fell out of my text book. I subconsciously picked it up and when my mind realized what I had done, wow.

I had to run to the bathroom to make sure I didn't throw up.

It's never been that bad before. Now the note card is sitting on the table in front of me and I'm a little afraid to touch my text book.

I have no clue where that paper has been or what it's done.

I never thought I was one of those people with irrational fears! Well I guess this, and my worry of earth quakes knocking open containers off my counter makes 2.

What is happening to me... I'm becoming a basket case.

Put convenient no-mess snacks in me as you will.

2 comments:

Kaitlin Graff said...

Can I just say.. I have this fear too!!! It's not that bad, but when you said strange paper I knew exactly what you meant! It makes me feel sick just thinking about it..

chip said...

This totally happens to me too! Except my reaction is to check it to see if it's the Marauders Map with directions to Hogwarts.