Image Map

10.17.2010

The Cookie Cycle

Tonight is Sunday night. Do you know what that means? WARD PRAYER! And I signed up for ward prayer for this night. So it was up to me to make cookies. And make cookies I did.

Cookies are pretty easy to make. But somehow everything goes wrong for me. I can take it though, because that last batch... man one of the best feelings in the world is making that last batch and having an even dozen in that last batch. So I put up with the crap of making cookies just for that feeling.

Well things go wrong. And I decided to illustrate how cooking cookies goes for me.









Then  I go in my room and mope for a little while and angrily write in my journal/blog/both then realize that I still have to make cookies for tonight.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat fellas.

As you will.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Umm, can I just say that I'm in love with your illustrations? I can see myself spending the rest of my life with them. We'd be very happy, even if we didn't have very much money, and all we had was each other.

That's how much I love those pictures.

Kellie said...

What have I done? Did you really burn all those cookies? Lara, Lara, Lara. OH, and I love your illustrations too. You are getting pretty good at them!

Elon said...

Is it weird that my cooking experience is exactly the same as yours?

I just discovered your blog recently, and I love it. Especially the Dan Bergstein references.

Unknown said...

I can't even believe how funny that is! I feel so happy right now, I can't contain it!

Kristen K said...

haha, your post reminds me of a blog called Hyperbole and a Half. Have you visited that blog? You should. :) Poor cookies...

chip said...

Your kitchen looks like toxic slime in the last illustration.

How lovely!