Image Map

2.20.2013

Do what is right

I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Today, my fiancé's sister opens her mission call. On Sunday, my little brother submitted his papers. This great work going on around me, I feel called to do the same. To be a missionary. A full time missionary.

No, I'm not putting away everything for two years to go serve somewhere I've never been. My calling is elsewhere, to serve here, to be a wife to my husband, a teacher to my students, a friend to my friends and a daughter to my parents, but that doesn't mean I can't be a full time missionary.

In the motto I grew up reciting as a Young Woman, we pledge to stand "as a witness of God at all times and in all things and in all places." I'll admit. I could do a better job of that. I'm striving to make the gospel of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints a part of my every moment.

By going to the Temple with my fiancé often and participating in wholesome, uplifting activities.

By being an example of general good, and helping others whenever I get a chance.

By reflecting what I believe in the words I speak and the actions I take.

I encourage you, who ever you are, no matter what you believe to join with me in doing what is right, to take a stand for good. We're at a point where the world is full of filth, honestly. Lust, instant gratification, selfishness. It takes the help of everyone to do something good. To do what is right. It's not that hard. Just a little goodness a day. You will be surprised how it adds up.

So I challenge you to do something today. To "serve your neighbor" in some way. And then report back here and tell me why you did. Because your stories will inspire others, and who knows, maybe we can change the world, just a few of us. So come on, come with me!

Do what is right.

No comments: