Image Map

5.17.2013

The No Good, Very Bad Day

Isn't that the name of a kid's book? I swear it's the name of a kid's book.

That's what  yesterday was. I won't say all that happened, but it did involve riding on the bus, a bus on which the guy sitting next to me started coughing and then threw up all over. So that can't be a good sign. And it wasn't a good sign. Nor was it a good day.

You know in How I Met Your Mother how Robin had lived in NY for FOREVER and apparently wasn't a really New-Yorkian or whatever because she'd never ________ and one of the things that filled in the blank was that she hadn't cried on public transit without caring who saw. Well, that's what happened. I ended up on the bus again after work, and I just broke down and cried. I cried all the way down to the train. I cried on the train. I cried walking from the train to my next bus stop.

And then I stopped crying because it wasn't making me feel better, it was just making me cry more, and that made little to no sense.

I turned and faced the other way because my cheeks were flushed and my eyes were red. I watched the trains come and go while waiting for the bus. I watched a train pull in. A tall man with dark hair and a strong figure walked off the train and pushed his bike around the gate. And then he pulled something out of my pocket and looked at it. As he did so, my phone rang, and it was him! And he asked if he could come wait with me for the bus. And I said yes. And so my husband came and hugged me and told me he was sorry I had a bad day.

Then we went and played so much laser tag. And if laser tag doesn't make things feel better, nothing will. We got these awesome passes from Joe's parents this Christmas that get us into the aquarium, and into baseball games, and into any Seven Peaks park. And one of those parks include laser tag. SO you'd better believe I'm going to be frequenting that place from now on.

Another How I Met Your Mother reference. Laser tag makes me feel like Barney, so maybe I'll go do that while wearing a suit. So what if I'm a girl. It'll be super hot.

Or something.

So! This weekend we're going to Ogden to go to a dinner for my sister! But guess what? That's all we're doing. Because I DON'T WANNA DO ANYTHING THIS WEEKEND. I want to sleep hard. Maybe get some more silverware. Clean the poop out of Tomato's cage.

Oh. I got a new gecko. Did I say that already? Tomato "Whistles" Jackson.

He poops a lot!

And then we're going to go to the Greenery in Ogden at Rainbow Gardens (Amazing place, amazing scenery, amazing food...) and eat so many Mormon Muffins our eyes will pop.

And then go home and watch movies maybe or maybe just sleep.

Sounds like my kinda weekend. It's been one kinda week. Not my kinda week.

Lastly, my prayers go out to President Monson, the president of my church. His wife passed away this morning. She was a beautiful, sweet, wonderful lady, and will be greatly missed. I'm so glad families are forever.

1 comment:

Uncomplicated Parenting said...

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day :) wonderful book