Image Map

6.30.2013

Details that make it home

Last Saturday, Joseph and I moved into a new home. It's a lot bigger. It's a lot brighter. And we like it a lot more than our last place. We were amazed at the outpouring of help we received from our old ward in packing up the truck to move, and by the help we received from people in this neighborhood as well that weren't even in our ward, but were kind enough to help anyways.

I'm grateful for the help we got from my friend Julie and her little baby as well! I'm grateful for the help I got from my parents in unpacking and in taking the truck back and then taking us out to dinner. 

We've already had our hard times in the new place. Our washing machine broke and flooded a little bit... our shower never stayed one temperature... we tore a huge hole in the ceiling of the stairs to get the mattress into the bedroom. 

But it still feels like home! And here are the details that make it so. 




Joe's face on the table, so that even when he wakes up early to go to work in the morning, I can still look at his handsome mug when I eat breakfast.


Joe standing in the kitchen WHERE HE BELONGS. (Loljkrofl #reversesexism #luvujoe)


The wedding present he got me.


The wedding present his relatives got us.... clove smelling pigs. Named Hansel and Gretel. 


Lemonade in the fridge WHERE IT BELONGS. (Not reverse sexism or... juiceism... this belongs in the fridge or in our mouths.)


My garden. That I water every day, but still insists on dying. The flowers can't take 100+ temperatures these days. 


Christmas lights around the bed.... 



And the room with a door that we can shut and forget about. Full of boxes that we don't really have a use for and that may never be unpacked. Our garbage room!

Other features: INTERNET. It's totally a thing we have now. We are internet-having people. And it's awesome. It means I can blog. And blog with PICTURES. So there's that. And because it's been 2 months since I've had that.... here are some pictures from Jackie's wedding a month ago!






So there you go! This is how life is going to be for the next few months. A new town. A new home. A town home. New people. New jobs (for him at least...) New classes (in the Fall I guess...) A lot of new stuff. A new world adventure, really. 


1 comment:

Julie Norseth said...

Yay! I'm so happy you guys are happy! And that you live much closer!